TERMS OF BUSINESS - PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Please note we reserve the right to make occasional changes to our terms and conditions. Please ensure you keep up to date with any changes and you can request a full copy of our terms and conditions upon enrolment to your course.
2. User License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Company's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Company's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the Life Practice at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Life Practice UK's (Life Practice Academy) web site are provided 'as is'. The Life Practice Academy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the Life Practice Academy does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the Life Practice Academy or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Life Practice Internet site, even if Life Practice or a Life Practice authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Life Practice web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Life Practice does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Life Practice may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Life Practice does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Life Practice UK has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Life Practice of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Life Practice web site shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
All of our online courses are subject to VAT 20% as at 1/4/19. Depending where you live in the world you can access our online courses and make payment in UK GBP, USA American dollar and Europe payment in euros. If you are not eligible to pay vat in the country you live in our academy will pick this up and you may not be subject to VAT.
10.1 Payments and Financial Responsibility
Once you have paid for your course you will gain direct access to your chosen course. Our online booking system ensures you are in agreement with our course terms and conditions at the point of booking onto any of our courses. Please take time to review all of our terms and conditions before committing to any of our courses. If in any doubt call our offices and we will be happy to guide you
Please ensure you are happy with our terms and conditions prior to booking onto any of our online courses. Any questions please email [email protected]
We always recommend you have an emergency fund in place of at least 6 months salary before taking on any financial commitments especially for those students paying in instalments via teachable. Please also ensure you read and understand the FAQS in full before booking a course, as they are unable to offer any refunds or payment holidays once you have enrolled.
We reserve the right to pursue any students through the appropriate debt collecting services or courts of law for outstanding course fees once the student has entered the program or enrolled onto the course and fails to make monthly payments. Additional fees may apply in these circumstances.
10.2 Course learning packages
Please note we now offer 3 learning packages bronze, silver and gold. Please ensure you understand the differences between the packages and any questions please email [email protected] A detailed outline of each below can be found below.
Bronze 100% Online - Includes Certification, Accreditation And Limited Email Tutor Support when marking assignments.
Silver 100% Online - Includes Certification, Accreditation, And Full Tutor Support
Gold Online and Face to Face Training - includes certification, accreditation and Full Tutor Support plus 7 day Face to face Integrated NLP, Clinical Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching Practitioner Diploma Course in Hitchin, Herts
Once enrolled in a course it is not possible to change your learning option. You may upgrade if after starting you decide you need more tutor support you can pay the additional fees plus a £99 admin charge.
Please note the cost of your training includes all of your lessons, and training material, access to a personal tutor ( silver and gold packages) plus your certification and diploma from ACCPA and LPA. Additional costs for you to fund are Membership to the ACCPH if you decide you want to join them plus any books you purchase to assist in your learning from our recommended reading list.
10.3 Accrediting membership bodies
All our accrediting bodies will be featured on our website at the time of booking your course. We have chosen the accrediting membership bodies we believe are the best the industry has to offer. Whilst every effort is made to maintain long term relationships with all of our accrediting bodies and offer you the agreed accreditation available at your enrolment that was agreed at the inception of your course we are unable to guarantee accreditation to any of our advertised membership bodies if matters arise outside of our control.
- Membership body closes down
- Membership body is taken over
- Membership body goes bankrupt
- Membership body dissolves
- Membership body is bought out by another similar body
- Membership body changes its accreditation criteria.
We will write and notify all students if such a situation occurs
10.4 Course Modules
All course modules are previewable prior to enrolment. Whilst all course modules are advertised as subject matter and research changes we reserve the right to
- Withdraw modules if they are no longer current
- Update modules where more current learning material is available
- Withdraw modules due to incidents outside of our control. E.G Due to a regulatory change we are advised to remove a module from an individual course from a governing third party or membership body.
11.1 Payment Plans
A "Payment Plan" is an option which allows the student to stagger their payments for a course over a set period of time. Once the student has entered into this form of payment this cannot be cancelled. No refunds are made. This is NOT a Subscription, it is a plan allowing the student to stagger payments having agreed to the financial contract of a Payment Plan.
If you choose to to pay via a Payment Plan option the full course accreditation will only be granted once you have paid your course fees in full. If you default against your payment plan the course fees will need to be paid in full prior to you being re enrolled in the course. We reserve the right to take any appropriate legal action we feel appropriate where students default on payment plans. Your payments will be due monthly on the same day as you enrolled. EG you enrolled on the 1st of the month, your payment will be due on the 1ST of the month going forward. Please note we will put in for your payment on 4 separate occasions. You will be notified of each failure. After the final attempt if your payments is still rejected you will be liable for all outstanding course fees plus an admin fee of £150.00 within 7 days from the date the final attempt to take your payment is rejected. This admin fee covers all admin incurred by the debt excluding legal costs. This may be claimed additionally
We reserve the right to apply admin fees to your account for the time spent in letters and emails whilst trying to reclaim outstanding course fees.
If you find yourself having problems paying your course fees and are paying on a payment plan please get in touch and contact our head office on 01462431112 where we will do our best to support you. We may be able to offer you a free payment holiday once we understand the reasons for non payment. All payment holidays are considered on a case by case basis. We would always advise you to get in touch as failure to do so may lead to legal action and incur even further costs and charges. We can only accept one request per student and the payment holiday lasts a maximum of 3 months.
Please note to apply for a payment holiday you must have made at least 3 payments to your course.
Please note as payment plan holidays are subject to contract we do need you to complete a payment hiatus request form prior to a payment holiday being agreed. If we fail to receive your payment hiatus request we will write to you to remind you this is required. We will allow a further 7 days from the date of writing for you to complete and return your payment hiatus request. If we still fail to receive your request form all fees will become due at the end of the 7th day following our initial written request. You will be invoiced accordingly and payments will become immediately due.
On some courses we offer a maximum of 12 monthly instalments free of charge. If you default against your payment plan the Life Practice Academy reserve the right to withdraw your online learning platform and seek damages for breach of contract.
For students on payment plans modules of the course are drip fed monthly. If you need the frequency of payments changed please mail [email protected]
11.2 Payment plan holidays - COVID 19
From 1/3/2020 due to the global pandemic COVID 19 we are able to offer any students struggling financially a payment hiatus of up to 3 months. The 3 months missed payments will be re added on at the end of the payment plans natural term. An ad juncture to your existing contract will be added in the form of an additional hiatus request form which must be fully completed and signed by you.
Failure to complete and return this form within 14 days of requesting a payment holiday will result in us automatically returning to the terms and conditions of our original contract.
We are unable to offer any further support at the expiry of this payment hiatus and our terms and conditions revert to the original terms and conditions found in 11.1 above.
12. Your contract with us
As we are an International Academy and many students book courses over the telephone the contract between us commences when you request a place on a specific course and we accept your request and confirm your place. This can be a verbal agreement during our pre course 121 student / tutor course consultation, over the telephone or by written confirmation, or direct booking through the website. We comply with UK cooling off periods for students resident in the UK, and allow 14 days cancellation from the moment the contract came into force between us.
For students in Europe this is 10 days and outside of the EU and rest of the world a 7 day cooling off period is given.
Where students have entered the course and began studying and then subsequently change their mind we are unable to give refunds. If this happens within the cooling off period an admin charge of 250 GBP will be charged to cover access to the course and use of our material during this time. Where you have completed a face to face course these t's and c's are reflected in the corresponding sections within the terms and conditions.
12.1. Consumer Contracts Regulation - 14 Day Cooling Off Period
We offer a 14 day cancellation refund policy from the moment we agree your attendance on a course. Due to the nature of our international students this can be verbally over the telephone, via email, or via the normal application process. Where you write and respond to a course promotion received from us our contract will begin from the moment you paid your course fees.
We comply with UK cooling off periods for students resident in the UK, and allow 14 days cancellation from the moment the contract came into force between us.
For students in Europe this is 10 days and outside of the EU and rest of the world a 7 day cooling off period is given.
12.2 Utilisation of Service within the Cancellation Period
Taken from Consumer Contracts Regulation - 14 Day UK, 10 EU, 7 Day rest of world Cooling Off Periods.
"Where a service has been started within the cancellation period at the express request of the consumer, but has not been completed, the consumer still has the right to cancel. However, the consumer will have to pay for the service used during the time up to when they informed you of their decision to cancel. What they should pay will be in proportion to what has been supplied in comparison with the full contract price. The amount is to be calculated either"
Certain charges can apply under the distance selling regulations even within a cooling off period where services are accessed immediately. It's therefore important you only enrol in a course once you have taken the following steps to make sure the course is right for you.
- As a minimum we recommend you trial any one of our many free taster courses prior to committing to a level 4 course or above.
- We also recommend you preview lessons in your chosen course prior to committing.
- We offer all students a free 121 with one of our trainers. Please utilise this to make sure you have all your questions answered before enrolling in a course.
- We recommend you have at least 6 months savings in the bank before committing to any long term courses
- Check all faqs and ensure you familiarise with our terms of business
For students who cancel their course within the 14 day cancellation period and who have enrolled and accessed their course the following charges apply.
- If you change your mind, have not enrolled and not entered the course within 14 days of payment a full refund is given.
- As course services are provided immediately you join if you enrol and enter the course a charge of £295.00 plus VAT will be made per module entered or part entered. E.G If you enter the first introductory module only a single module fee of £295 plus vat will be deducted from your refund. If you enter and complete or part complete 3 modules then £885 plus vat will be charged. £295 is the price charged per module for our all courses when purchased separately or as part of a course. Any charges will be put towards any future study or other courses you enrol in or if you choose to resume your study.
- We will refund your fees within 30 days. This may be up to 60 days due to OVID 19 and furloughed staff.
- Where cancellation is requested within the cooling off period you need to write to us and send your letter to our head office Suite 1, 107 Bancroft Hitchin Herts SG5 1NB or write to us on email at [email protected] As telephone messages, chat features, leaving messages on student feedback forms cannot be substantiated or evidenced we can only accept cancellation instructions as stated.
- This is done solely to protect our course content, manuals and all course material.
Once this 14 day period has expired there are no further refund options. In exceptional circumstances students can apply for a payment holiday however these are dealt with on a case by case basis and as once granted this changes our contract you are required to complete a payment hiatus request. No payment holidays can be granted with out this.
We are unable to transfer students to different courses once the cooling off period has expired as many of our courses are provided through third party training providers and we need to comply with a range of terms and conditions stipulated by different training schools.
13. General Terms and Conditions
Life Practice Academy Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this Website.
14. Terms and Conditions
The Website and its Content are owned by Life Practice Ltd (“Company”, “we”, or “us”). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of https://lifepracticeacademy.teachable.com/(“Website”).
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) carefully. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions on the Website at any time without notice, and by using the Website and its Content you are agreeing to the T&C as they appear, whether or not you have read them. If you do not agree with these T&C, please do not use our Website or its Content.
15. Website Use and Consent
The words, design, layout, graphics, photos, images, information, materials, documents, data, databases and all other information and intellectual property accessible on or through this Website (“Content”) is our property and is protected by United Kingdom intellectual property laws.
By accessing or using this Website and its Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that you agree to and to abide by these T&C. Any registration by, use of or access to the Website and its Content by anyone under age 18 is unauthorised, unlicensed and in violation of these T&C.
16. Intellectual Property Rights
Our Limited License to You. This Website and its Content is property solely owned by us and/or our affiliates or licensors, unless otherwise noted, and it is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
If you view, purchase or access our Website or any of its Content, you will be considered our Licensee. For the avoidance of doubt, you are granted a revocable, non-transferable license for personal, non-commercial use only, limited to you only.
When you purchase or access our Website or any of its Content, you agree that
- You will not copy, duplicate or steal our Website or Content. You understand that doing anything with our Website or its Content that is contrary to these T&C and the limited license we are providing to you herein is considered theft, and we reserve our right to prosecute theft to the full extent of the law.
- You are permitted from time to time to download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Website or its Content, for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you give us full attribution and credit by name, keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices and, if used electronically, you must include the link back to the Website page from which the Content was obtained.
- You may not in any way at any time use, copy, adapt, imply or represent that our Website or its Content is yours or created by you. By downloading, printing, or otherwise using our Website Content for personal use you in no way assume any ownership rights of the Content – it is still our property.
- You must receive our written permission before using any of our Website Content for your own business use or before sharing with others. This means that you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, market, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email, website, link or any other electronic means) any Website Content because that is considered stealing our work.
- We are granting you a limited license to enjoy our Website and its Content for your own personal use, not for your own business/commercial use or in any that earns you money, unless we give you written permission that you may do so.
- For fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence or otherwise carry out any unlawful activity
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing, threatening, objectionable, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringing of any intellectual property rights, or that may otherwise may injure others
- To send, negatively impact, or infect our Website or its Content with software viruses or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam, whether intended or not
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- To impersonate any third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your contributions
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our Website or its Content in a way that is not in compliance with these T&C or any other agreement with us.
As a Licensee, you understand and acknowledge that this Website and its Content have been developed or obtained by us through the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that this Website and its Content are valuable, special and unique assets of ours which need to be protected from improper and unauthorised use. We clearly state that you may not use this Website or its Content in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us.
The trademarks and logos displayed on our Website or its Content are trademarks belonging to us, unless otherwise indicated. Any use including framing, meta tags or other text utilising these trademarks, or other trademarks displayed, is strictly prohibited without our written permission.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms or any express written license, are reserved by us.
Your License to Us. By posting or submitting any material on or through our Website such as comments, posts, photos, images or videos or other contributions, you are representing that you are the owner of all such materials and you are at least 18 years old.
When you submit to us or post any comment, photo, image, video or any other submission for use on or through our Website, you are granting us, and anyone authorised by us, an unlimited, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such contributions, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or developed in the future, for any purpose, and granting us the right to make it part of our current or future Website and its Content. This right includes granting us proprietary rights or intellectual property rights under any relevant jurisdiction without any further permission from you or compensation by us to you.
You also grant us, and anyone authorised by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your comments, posts, photos, images, videos or other contributions by name, email address, or screen name. You acknowledge that we have the right but not the obligation to use any contributions from you and that we may elect to cease the use of any such contributions on our Website or in our Content at any time for any reason.
17. Request for permission to use content
Any request for written permission to use our Content, or any other intellectual property or property belonging to us, should be made BEFORE you wish to use the Content by completing the “Contact Us” form on this Website, or by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
We very clearly state that you may not use any Content in any way that is contrary to these T&C unless we have given you specific written permission to do so. If you are granted permission by us, you agree to use the specific Content that we allow and ONLY in the ways for which we have given you our written permission. If you choose to use the Content in ways that we do not specifically give you written permission, you agree now that you will be treated as if you had copied, duplicated and/or stolen such Content from us, and you consent to immediately stop using such Content and to take whatever actions as we may request and by the methods and in the time frame that we prescribe to protect our intellectual property and ownership rights in our Website and its Content.
18. Personal Responsibility and assumption of risk
As a Licensee, you agree that you are using your own judgment in using our Website and its Content and you agree that you are doing so at your own risk. You agree and understand that you assume all risks and no results are guaranteed in any way related to this Website and/or any of its Content. This Website and its Content are merely to provide you with education and tools to help you make your own decisions for yourself. You are solely responsible for your actions, decisions and results based on the use, misuse or non-use of this Website or any of its Content.
Our Website and its Content are for informational and educational purposes only. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you or others in connection with our Website and its Content, including without limitation any liability for any accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual injury or harm, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however and whether caused by negligence, breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable. You specifically acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any other Website participant or user, including you.
Legal and Financial Disclaimer. This Website and its Content are not to be perceived or relied upon in any way as business, financial or legal advice. The information provided through our Website and its Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice that can be provided by your own accountant, lawyer, or financial advisor. We are not giving financial or legal advice in any way. You are hereby advised to consult with your own accountant, lawyer or financial advisor for any and all questions and concerns you have regarding your own income and taxes pertaining to your specific financial and/or legal situation. You agree that we are not responsible for your earnings, the success or failure of your business decisions, the increase or decrease of your finances or income level, or any other result of any kind that you may have as a result of information presented to you through our Website or its Content. You are solely responsible for your results.
Earnings Disclaimer. You acknowledge that we have not and do not make any representations as to the health physical, mental, emotional, spiritual or health benefits, future income, expenses, sales volume or potential profitability or loss of any kind that may be derived as a result of your use of this Website or its Content. We cannot and do not guarantee that you will attain a particular result, positive or negative, financial or otherwise, through the use of our Website or its Content and you accept and understand that results differ for each individual. We also expressly disclaim responsibility in any way for the choices, actions, results, use, misuse or non-use of the information provided or obtained through the use of our Website or its Content. You agree that your results are strictly your own and we are not liable or responsible in any way for your results.
Warranties Disclaimer. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES AS TO OUR WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT WILL BE FUNCTIONAL, UNINTERRUPTED, CORRECT, COMPLETE, APPROPRIATE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THE WEBSITE, CONTENT ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT OR ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
Technology Disclaimer. We try to ensure that the availability and delivery of our Website and its Content is uninterrupted and error-free. However, we cannot guarantee that your access will not be suspended or restricted from time to time, including to allow for repairs, maintenance or updates, although, of course, we will try to limit the frequency and duration of suspension or restriction. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will be not be liable to you for damages or refunds, or for any other recourse, should our Website or its Content become unavailable or access to the them becomes slow or incomplete due to any reason, such as system back-up procedures, internet traffic volume, upgrades, overload of requests to the servers, general network failures or delays, or any other cause which may from time to time make our Website or its Content inaccessible to you.
Errors and Omissions. We make no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information on our Website or its Content. Every effort has been made to present you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, but because the nature of scientific research is constantly evolving, we cannot be held responsible or accountable for the accuracy of our content. We assume no liability for errors or omissions on the Website, its Content, or in other information referenced by or linked to the site. You acknowledge that such information may contain inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Links to Other Websites. We may provide links and pointers to other websites maintained by third parties which may take you outside of our Website or its Content. These links are provided for your convenience and the inclusion of any link in our Website or its Content to any other website does not imply our endorsement, sponsorship, or approval of that website or its owner. We do not endorse and we are not responsible for the views, opinions, facts, advice, statements, errors or omissions provided by external resources referenced in our Website or its Content, or their accuracy or reliability. We have no control over the contents or functionality of those websites and so we accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, or otherwise that may arise from your use of them. It is your responsibility to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those linked websites to confirm that you understand and agree with those policies.
Limitations on Linking and Framing. You may establish a hypertext link to our Website or Content so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship, endorsement by, or ownership by in our Website or Content and does not state or imply that we are have sponsored, endorsed or have ownership rights in your website. However, you may not frame or inline link our Content without our written permission.
20. Indemnification, Limitation of Liability and Release of Claims
Indemnification. You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold harmless our Company, as well as any of our affiliates, agents, contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, joint venture partners, successors, transferees, assignees, and licensees, as applicable, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to our Website, its Content or your breach of any obligation, warranty, representation or covenant set forth in these T&C or in any other agreement with us.
Limitation of Liability. We will not be held responsible or liable in any way for the information, products or materials that you request or receive through or on our Website and its Content. We do not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, or otherwise, due to any act or default of anyone or any business, whether owners, staff, agents, joint venture partners, contractors, vendors, affiliates or otherwise, affiliated with us. We do not assume liability for any owners, staff, agents, joint venture partners, contractors, vendors, affiliates or otherwise who is engaged in rendering our Website or its Content, or in any way or in any location. In the event that you use our Website and its Content or any other information provided by us or affiliated with us, we assume no responsibility.
Release of Claims. In no event will we be liable to any party for any type of direct, indirect, special, incidental, equitable or consequential damages for any use of or reliance on our Website and its Content, or on those affiliated with us in any way, and you hereby release us from any and all claims; including, without limitation, those related to lost profits, personal or business interruptions, personal injuries, accidents, misapplication of information, or any other loss, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages or difficulties.
21. Your conduct
You are agreeing that you will not use our Website or its Conduct in any way that causes or is likely to cause the Website, Content, or access to them to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to this Website and its Content and to us.
You agree to only purchase goods or services for yourself or for another person for whom you are legally permitted to do so or for whom you have obtained the express consent to provide their name, address, method of payment, credit card number, and billing information.
You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf through the Website or its Content. You agree to use the Website and its Content for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only and not for speculative, false, fraudulent, or illegal purposes.
You must use the Website and its Content for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use the Website or its Content in any of the following ways:
22. Online Commerce
Certain sections of the Website or its Content may allow you to make purchases from us or from other merchants. If you make a purchase from us on or through our Website or its Content, all information obtained during your purchase or transaction and all of the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your name, address, method of payment, credit card number, and billing information, may be collected by both us, the merchant, and our payment processing company.
Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any affiliate, individual or company found on or through our Website, all purchase terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with payment, refunds, and/or delivery related to your purchase, are solely between you and the merchant. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, refunds, or other matters of any sort that incurred as the result of such dealings with a merchant.
Payment processing companies and merchants may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies of the payment processing companies and Merchants. In addition, when you make certain purchases through our Website or its Content, you may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of a payment processing company, Merchant or us that specifically apply to your purchase. For more information regarding a Merchant and its terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant’s Website and click on its information links or contact the Merchant directly.
You release us, our affiliates, our payment processing company, and merchants from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against us or them, arising from your purchase through or use of our Website or its Content.
The Life Practice Academy reserves the right to run course promotions, discounted courses, enrolment offers at their own discretion at any time. These offers will only be valid for new students who meet the enrolment criteria at that time and will not be available to existing students.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse or terminate your access to the Website and its Content, in full or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorised to access the part of the Website or Content affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you in these T&C with respect to the Website and its Content will still apply now and in the future, even after termination by you or us.
24 Student Reviews
We have over 1000 student testimonials we have collected over the years. Where published the students concerned have agreed to have their testimonial published and that they have given 5 star feedback with the right to use as we see fit. We will always seek written permission prior to publishing any feedback, reviews, or testimonials.
25 Student Conduct / Expulsion
All students must take full responsibility for their behaviour when interacting with other members, students, tutors and business partners and sponsors. All acts of unprofessional behaviour or misconduct, will be taken seriously by the Life Practice Training Executive.
All complaints will be investigated thoroughly and where the directors feel there has been a breach of the academy's professional standards and ethical code action may be taken against the student / students concerned.
- This includes any breach of trust by the student or breakdown of a relationship that results in a breach of trust.
- This includes all circumstances and student behaviour that the life practice board constitutes an "irretrievable breakdown of the relationship"
- This also includes failure to comply with any contractual requirements requested by the academy.
- This includes making unproven, false, malicious claims about the academy, causing reputational risk and or damages.
- Examples of such behaviour include disrespecting other students, breaches of confidentiality when working with others, demonstrating aggressive and inappropriate behaviour towards students, tutors and trainers.
- Examples of such behaviour includes inappropriately or aggressively challenging tutors, trainers or other students. In the event of such behaviour the life practice reserve the right to take whatever action they deem fit which may include students being expelled from the academy and forfeiting course fees and future entry into their respective course.
Where a matter that is deemed so serious to constitute an "irretrievable breakdown of our relationship" the board must unanimously agree and the student will be notified of their expulsion within 90 days from the date of the student cessation letter. Where this happens we will notify our accrediting body. All course fees will be retained by the academy unless agreed otherwise
26 Guideline Completion time 3-24 Months
Our mission is to provide life changing education to everyone everywhere. Our values are to offer students a flexible education process that can be fitted in around their commitments, jobs and lives. All our courses have a guideline completion time of between 3 and 24 months depending on the level of the diploma being studied.
With this in mind we have a maximum time limit for completion for all courses of 2 years. This will be ample time to complete even our biggest courses at level 6 certification.
You can apply for a course extension of up to 6 months and each case will be considered on its merits. Where you are working with a tutor option where an extension is granted a charge of £395 plus vat will be raised on your account. We offer a maximum extension of 1 year in which case a charge of £595 plus vat will be levied against your account.
27 Course Accreditation - Multi Accreditation
What is Multi Accreditation?
- Multi Accreditation means you can gain qualifications from many different sources. In our case we have chosen the top accrediting bodies we believe are the best the industry has to offer. This gives our students choice and when learning and a competitive advantage when in business. Please note your course accreditation differs from course to course and depends on the learning package, course level, and study options. Please check individual courses for exact accreditation that comes with your course.
- Industry leading professional qualifications accredited by BathH The British Association of Hypnotherapists and NLP Practitioners (the oldest membership body in the UK founded in 1953)
- The IPHM The International Practitioners Of Holistic Medicine. IPHM
- External accreditation through the ACCPH Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists.
- The GHR and GHSC and full acceptance at Professional Practitioner Level to ANLP the global association of NLP.
- In addition you can also gain professional membership through The Association For Coaching, the Life Coaching Directory. For students studying clinical hypnotherapy you will be able to join the CNHC through our accrediting body BathH. For students studying health coaching the NNA have set up our own membership level allowing our students to join them from the commencement of their studies as a nutritional coach.
- Business development courses offer CPD validated by BANT
Diploma Levels of Accreditation
All our diplomas are externally accredited by ACCPH. ACCPH Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists, Hypnotherapists and levels of diploma are based upon markers and standards set by RQF Regulatory Quality Framework.
It is important to note the Diploma and course levels are issued by ACCPH and not directly OFQUAL the UK'S educational regulator.
This is because the coaching industry is unregulated and cannot be regulated directly by the UK'S statutory regulating body OFQUAL.